Pinto Misfire And Unleaded Markings On Head

Guest Stuartl

Out of the dizzy there are two wires plus what appears to be an earth wire with a home made connection to the dizzy body. All three of these go into a 3 pin connector plug. However, on the other side of this plug there are only two wires plus a third wire which appears to be 'blanked off' by the previous owner or the one before him. Does this make sense?
Yes, that's standard ford inductive. Three wires on the dizzy side includes a black earth. Two on the amplifier, missing the earth. (Plus the chunkiest plug ever for two piddly small wires.)

Nigel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stuartl

Yes, that's standard ford inductive. Three wires on the dizzy side includes a black earth. Two on the amplifier, missing the earth. (Plus the chunkiest plug ever for two piddly small wires.)

Nigel

Thanks Nigel!! :D

Guest Stuartl

Well its running again this morning! Started up first turn of the key so not sure what was going on yesterday. Being the considerate chap that I am I am going to get my neighbours wake up before letting it run for half an hour and seeing what happens today....

Guest Stuartl

The car is now running great AND for longer than 30 minutes!!

Turns out it was a knackered Rotor Arm, it looked ok but the resistor inside was caput. My mobile mechanic diagnosed a weak spark early on and when you look inside the rotor arm you can see that is has been arcing when hot.

See you at Uxbridge! :friends: :drinks: