Kin Nightmare

Andi

Got back from the Coventry Transport Museum today and I couldnt find my house keys.

Now, this is quite normal but I always find them under the seats or in the boot, but today nothing, knowhere, fine tooth comb and all that.

There were a few tear- away kids sitting in the car today, which would be ok if one of those lot have taken them, but the worst case scenario is playing on my mind.

Did I leave them in the garage door this morning and drive off????

Ive locked up my tools, push bikes and chickens and I can bolt the house doors from the inside for tonight. But tomorrow I have to go to work and so does swimbo, who by the way is really impressed with me, so much so, she has run out of sweet things to say to me and is remaining silent. But she is making up for it with lots of banging of doors and slamming of crockery.

I will have to ask the boss at work if I can nip off in the morning to get 6 locks and fit them..Just what I need before pay day! Hopefully the maybe burglers sleep in until 10 ish.

When will I learn (just been shouted again)

After the horse has bolted an all that but --- Put all your keys on a lanyard which is always clipped to you jeans -- you can't get away from house/car/shed without them & if they fall out your pocket they drag along behind. (Learnt the hard way--lost keys whilst flying,walked home only to find my wife was out,broke window to get in,wife had the spare set & her own!!!

Well the real dumb thing is ... At work I have master keys to 57 doors. These I do keep on a lanyard ...DOH!

I dont use attachments for home keys as it reminds me of work :sorry:

Think i`ll just have to get a different kind of lanyard

Guest Stuartl

Well the real dumb thing is ... At work I have master keys to 57 doors. These I do keep on a lanyard ...DOH!

I dont use attachments for home keys as it reminds me of work :sorry:

Think i`ll just have to get a different kind of lanyard

I have done this once before and in my case I was convinced the keys would turn up just as I finished polishing the last of the shiny new locks I had to fit. Luckily (I think) they didn't and I still have no idea where they went.

Some friends of mine were driving from Portland Dorset to set us in Gloucester when they were flagged down on the M5 as they had their car/house keys hanging out of the boot lock on their tin top. Mrs had apparently unlocked and loaded the car and Mr jumped in with his keys and driven off.....

Easily done

Guest peter2b2002

did the same with my car keys lost them when I was walking in our field after hay making, my disco was parked across the gateway so we could not get the tractor in and rain was on the way,

even using a metal detector still no sign , lucky for me 10 miles away the LR dealer had a spare set in stock , never did find my old ones

peter2b

I think if you had left them in the door and someone found them, then they would have used them straight away (if badeggs)

Its kind of like the feeling I had when loading the car in the enclosed back yard of my old house. the wife pulled the door to with a click and said "have you got your keys" I had to break the window to reach the latch as we were trapped :fool:

Guest Stuartl

Well all locks replaced now, apart from the garage front door.. Its an up and over with a twist handle and a barrel through the centre of it.

Anyone know where I can get one from??

Try this: ebay 380240687606

Guest Stuartl

Aaaarghh!

Had to happen didnt it?

Keys just been found down the side of Andy Farrell`s settee, where I had a cuppa before going to Coventry.

:Note to self.......... key chain

Sorry but it did sort of foresee it...quote.....

"I have done this once before and in my case I was convinced the keys would turn up just as I finished polishing the last of the shiny new locks I had to fit."

At least they are not in somebody else's hands! Saved you a new garage door lock too.......

If it makes you feel any better I once was doing a tip run (I think it was my last of about 4 that day) and the load was a large quantity of magazines I had collected over the years. I always used to carry my house keys in my pocket but for some reason that time as I got out of the car they fell out of my pocket. A very kind lady had spotted this and picked them up for me and as I had just picked up a big load of magazines she dropped them on top of the pile I had in my arms, you can see it coming can't you? I thanked her and we started chatting (no, I was not on the pull!). Anyway, after a few minutes up the stairs by the side of the skip I went and hurled the pile ofg magazines into the skip. When I got home I realised where my house keys must be! Doh!

Some time ago, we arrived home from a week's holiday and couldn't find the keys. We had a young child (12 months) who was not happy waiting and we had to call out a locksmith to break in and replace the lock barrel asap. Six months later I found the keys ... my wife had dropped them in the car and somehow they had managed to get right under the middle of the seat and were hanging over the wire for the seat occupied switch! How the hell did that happen?