Orange Rip Off

philshelton

Just receved my bill from orange and for a change I decided to look at it instead of just pay it when the start chasing. I have mine and my wifes phone on one contract with them so receive 1 bill for the 2 phones. I have just noticed that they have been charging me a non direct debit charge on both phones its only £2.98 but how can they charge it twice on one bill. I dont want to go direct debit as ifi have money tied up on a job and they claim for it and it gets returned that costs in bank charges. I have no objection to being charged for not using direct debit but TWICE :o :o

Guest pwlcarz

That seems plain wrong.

Problem is phoning customer "services" (!!) means eventually speaking to someone in Bangalore who will have no idea what you are talking about because it's not on their 'script'.

Bring back all Call Centres to the UK I say (at least you can half understand if it located in Newcastle or Aberdeen!! LOL.)

Threaten to close the account is the next step. If they say OK, at least you're away from Orange (having said that I'm with Orange Broadband and never have any problem with it - so haven't had to call their support people!).

Hi Phil

sorry to here of your troubles with non direct debit charges

I work for Orange and will be able to help

If you send me a PM with your phone number and i'll get one of the team to take a look .

P.s. - for contract customers the contact centres are currently in the Uk, based in Darlington and tyneside....

cheers

Chris

I think the non dd charge is a rip off, one of the reasons Emma is leaving Orange for Three with me. (Yes I like Three, been using them for a couple of years with no issues!)

Might look at 3 if orange cant do any thing. Guess its the same old thing bigger the company gets less the customer matters

Guest Stuartl

After going through most of the networks for business and private use (dont mention T-mobile to me!!!), I am now with Tesco Mobile and it is BRILLIANT!

For £30 a month I get 01 and 07 numbers upto a 'fair use policy' of £500 per MONTH and internet on the same terms. Fully itemised online bill every month, brilliant coverage and great customer support. Have never used more than £280-worth in a month yet!

I have been with 3 on and off for years, mostly due to the cheap "stay with us policy".

I think they are fine....... if you stand in the middle of a satellite dish covered in tin foil and plugged into the national grid. :D

(Or maybe its just Leicester)

Guest Stuartl

I have been with 3 on and off for years, mostly due to the cheap "stay with us policy".

I think they are fine....... if you stand in the middle of a satellite dish covered in tin foil and plugged into the national grid. :D

(Or maybe its just Leicester)

No Andi, everyone I know with 3 network phones seem to permanently in a 'bad area' !!!

Guest Stuartl

Tesco is just a resale of the O2 network :) Sounds a good price though!

Like I said, the coverage is great and the price is unbeatable I think, no down sides at all!