Where's Alan?

Guest dinger

So where is Alan builder?

Has he just vanished off the face of the earth, I hope he hasnt done anything silly,, even if you are reading this Alan please just let us know your ok.

Any suggestions where he might be hiding? lol

Maybe he has got a post at his local university teaching science and bernoulli's theory ?

or maybe he just spontaneously combusted in a fit of rage at our stupidity?

or maybe he is looking under his bed for his lost sense of humour ?

where ever you are what ever your doing best of luck

Try to cut the guy some slack -- he dug a hole & then got a bigger shovel for Xmas -- the only guy/gal whose not made a mistake is the guy/gal whose done nothing in the first place. :rolleyes:

I agree in principle, but nah........ rip the pi55... it's more fun and character building. :spiteful:

If ya spout over the top, expect over the top response. Reap and Sow springs to mind. :aggressive:

Try to cut the guy some slack -- he dug a hole & then got a bigger shovel for Xmas -- the only guy/gal whose not made a mistake is the guy/gal whose done nothing in the first place. :rolleyes:

So he is at the bottom of a big hole he dug ! so are those miners in chile but they still seem to be communicating with the outside world .... :spiteful:

Guest chris brown

As Bob says "Try to cut the guy some slack" It seems he took what I said in the first place the wrong way and I'm sorry Alan that you feel you have to stop posting over a misunderstanding. But believe me my comments were never directed at you personally but just saying that I felt (and I know others did too) that the technical side of it was going straight over peoples heads (well it was mine anyway).

Well said both Bob & Chris, give him some slack. Having know Alan for a number of years now I know he can be OTT with some things, and yes we have clashed a few times over a number of things, but at the end of the day he is one of the good guys ;)

Well said both Bob & Chris, give him some slack. Having know Alan for a number of years now I know he can be OTT with some things, and yes we have clashed a few times over a number of things, but at the end of the day he is one of the good guys ;)

I agree Chris, yes mate, but it's not his knowledge, character or demeanour that i think is OTT... :air_kiss:

It's the way all the toys went flying out the pram and he left with a blazing Tantrum!! :aggressive:

I mean, Jesus... how old his he?? thats something my 5 year old would do. THATS what i'm taking the pi55 out of. :friends:

If ya can't take the pi55 and have a laugh anymore, would the last person to top themselves please turn out the light!!

Guest The Modfather

Sod it, here's my tuppence worth.

I agree with what Nick has just written, as well as what Chris N, Sir Chris and Bob have also posted this evening.

I have to say that the debate could have been continued with a little less, shall we say, directness to show his displeasure from Alan, however having said that, he is a bl00dy decent chap who tries and does help out if you need it.

He can and does speak his mind, and some people may find this annoying, offensive, admirable????

Having spent a week with him in Le Mans, he actually grew on me. The only thing I didn't like aboutAlan was seeing him in his swimming trunks :shok: :bad: :shok: :bad:

There is no need for people to fall out on the forum, at all. We are all adults and if we cannot discuss/debate and even argue a good point without it coming to people leaving, then what point is there in having a forum? Afterall it means a public meeting or assembly for open discussion. People will get upset or feel put out if what they believe to be correct is later corrected in the wrong way, or taken in the wrong way by themselves. People tend to say less when they type than they would if they were speaking, and meanings do get lost in this translation, even when the best intentions are meant.

Forums, don't we just love 'em :crazy:

Guest TerryBarry

As I'm not 100% sure where this thread is coming from (nothing new there then !!)

I've known the guy for a while and I like him (and his lad)

I have a feeling that like the Terminator "He'll be back"

Mind you, somebody seemed to hack-off BB a while ago, never to be seen again.