Lap Top

Peter Bell

Any one know much about laptops? My wife has an HP running windows 7 and most times it is pretty well behaved. However sometimes when she switches it on the display does not come on, at this time you can’t switch it off. If she takes the battery out and leaves it for a while it then starts ok. Any ideas?

My son Steve (Mutley to those who know him) has started his own business with computers, laptops are his speciality, he can repair them, upgrade etc. he also buys faulty ones, and refurbishes them, selling them afterwards with a 3 month g'tee.

Check out his website & *sales* for present stock (changes every couple of days) Lancs - it solutions

Note to Mat, By all means delete this if you're not happy at it being posted.

Jim

Many Thanks for the replies so far, thanks for the link Jim I am looking for a part for another one so will contact Muttley, It doesn't seem to be the video output Fn thingy and no matter how long you hold the on switch down it doesn't switch off, but I'm wondering if it is going into hibernate mode or something as it starts? Its only about 6 mts old if all else fails I may have to contact their customer help line!