What's You Driving Licence Like?

Big Jim

Drivers only please. how's your licence NOW?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, with all the speed camera's etc that are around nowadays, the poor motorist is an easy target, so lets see just how lucky / unlucky robin Hood drivers are.

I know this is probably tempting fate, but mine has been clean for the last 30 years

Edited by Mat-d-Rat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rizla
:D mine was a sp30 a couple of years ago,could have bean alot worse,the copper said to me that i must have a good handbrake(he was following me)as he was sure i was going alot faster :) :D B)

Guest SteveL

Whoops! I'm the baddie with 6 points, but I'm not sure if they are still valid or whether I can have them removed. Anyone know how long they stay on your license for?

Steve

Guest Andy Sparrow

:huh: mine is very Jim like but I aim to put a stop to that with my new acquisition ... an SV650

ahh I luv gettin older the insurance is Soooo cheap

A

Guest owenpilson

i did have 3 points got flashed at 91mph on the A30 years ago when i saw the camera i was doing 125(honest gov .. i was looking at my rev counter instead and thought i was doing 70) it took a couple of mm of my tyres.....

i was chuffed that i only got a 40 quid fine and 3 points really......

ive calmed down now though

owen.

Guest lopsylu

My licence had been clean for 17 years until November last year. I have 3 points right now, but my brother in law got a letter this morning from the rozzers, saying his car was caught speeding on the A303. I was driving it, so looks like I'm now up to 6 (63 in a 50 zone).

Thing that really pisses me off though is I know that I was only doing 30 MPH at the time I went past the mobile van, because I saw him vary early and went past really slowly on purpose.

Then again I was stupid enough to wave and smile sarcastically at the sod in the van as went by, so looks like he took exception to that.

I got done for 4 bald tyres when I was 17, the week after I bought my first car ( waiting for my next pay check to afford some new tyres ) 12 points on my licence (3 per tyre) and a thirty pound fine.

Nothing since, 29 years now without getting caught.

Les

Guest ColinR

My last ticket was in May 1974, 44 in a 30 zone, £5 fine. Plod was tucked away in a side street near the bottom of a hill about 400 yards from the start of the restricted zone.

Still I was lucky, a few days earlier I went along the same stretch with a 3 litre Capri on my tail at well in excess of the national speed limit.

my 3 points were from a mobile speed camera hidden behind a bush at 6.30 am

i was doing just under 50 in a 40 limit on a deserted dual carageway on the way to work!!

so i now have a radar detector!!!! catch me if you can !!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Guest MikeD318

I've got 3 points (due to come off in May). Touch wood I don't get any more.

Anyone know how long they stay on your license for?

I think they stay on for 4 years. :angry:

Guest Battery Bill

Well thats another point for the "Clean as a whistler" :D

Touch wood :rolleyes:

Anyone know how long they stay on your license for?

Yes they are only actually valid for 3 but can be removed after 4, If you just send off you licence to get them removed it costs you, but if you change your address to your Parents, work, friends,or somewhere similar its free.

You can then move back home and you have saved money :D