Zx6r G Carbs Help Needed

ozz

Hi

I got these carbs from GBS as a kit all properly jetted for my pinto.

Anyway all was well but I decided to clean them anyway.

I screwed up (in both senses of the phrase) the pilot air screw which jammed in one of the carbs and broke off in the hole.

My efforts to remove the needle part ruined that carb.

I've now got a spare set but these are jetted for the bike.

what do i need to swap over from the GBS set up to the new carb?

my plan is to just swap one carb will this be ok or should I swap over the whole set?

cheers

Andrew

Andrew,

I suspect all GBS have done is to drill out the main jets, and possibly raise the needles, so just changing the mains and either swapping the needle assembly or lifting those in the new carbs will get you back to the same starting point.

They will still need tweaking from there though.....

Cheers

Tony.R

I don't know what they are drilling jets out to on carbs nowdays but when they did mine they were too big 1.6mm seems to be the norm that they are supplied with mine are only 1.45 on a dyno tuned pinto a lot of bike carb setups seem to fail due to being very rich ! if you can get it set up on a dyno the rewards are well worth it !

Hi all

thanks for the replys.

The "new" carbs looked very clean when I opened them up lots of shiney brass and no crusty bits like the ones i got from GBS.

(Now i must be fair here I ordered my carbs and was promised them next week, then just another week and so on by someone who is no longer there. so I went to the factory, its only round the corner from work, and bending over backwards was done to sort me out with a manifold and i suspect a set of carbs from a demonstrator so I never expected them to be spotless.)

so I've swapped the main jets over and checked the needle height is the same.

hopefully job done.

Andrew

Guest jasonmorris

Mate, get yourself round to see Russ at torque tune, they are across the road from GBS, what he doesn't know about bike carbs isn't worth knowing.

Rgds,

Jason