Rear Disc Caliper Mounting/electric Handbrake

Kerry

Does anyone have a drawing of the mounting plate to fit sierra callipers onto rear axle; I am converting from drums to discs before I attempt to convert to electric hand brake.

As anyone converted to electric hand brake, if so your thought would be interesting, well it is winter and it keeps me out of the pub.

Thanks. :drinks:

Guest Christine

Why do want electric a hand brake just seens to make things complicated for the sake of it, I know there are issues with dual mass flywheels on some cars fitted with Electric parking brakes.

I was at a trade show last night with a guy Called Frank Massey one of the countries leading diagnostic engineers,his talk on modern electronics was brilliant, but I thought afterwards that my S7 was so simple it should last forever!

Edited by Garry

Guest Christine

You may also find the cost of the rear calipers for an electric hand brake prohibitive, I've seen a set at TRW for £800.00 !

Edited by Garry

Have a word with "tdciboy" maybe able to point you in right direction for just replacing the handbrake lever with a linear electric motor; designed to provide the pull on the handbrake cables; in place of lever; so you don't have to.