Just Saying Hello

David S

I have just joined the forum and thought I would just say hello.hi.gif I have just placed an order for a GBS Zero 2468 kit and I hope that it will be delivered just in time for Christmas. Probably the best Christmas present I could have hoped for, even if I did have to buy it for myself. I have already spend many an hour looking at some of the build blogs and they have been invaluable already. I am really looking forward to the build process. I have no doubt I will ask a few silly questions, but I suppose the only really silly question is the one that you don't ask!!

I am not completely new to the kit car scene as 15 years ago I got about 60% of the way through a Westfield SE but finances got the better of me. My then wife pursuaded me it had to go. There are no sour grapes over it, it was the right thing to do at the time. This time, I am determined to finish the car and enjoy driving it, something I never got to do with the Westfield.

This weekend sees stage one. Sort out the garage and get a few new tools and bits and bobs. Roll on Saturday!

Edited by David S

Hi David and welcome aboard mate. :good:

I've just completed a Zero that i started back in Jan this year. The IVA looms near... :shok:

You'll love the build, with the help and guidance available on here you will surely achieve

the goal of driving your creation.

As you say, the only daft questions are the un-asked ones.

Best of luck with your build,

Nick.

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Dave,

Welcome aboard the good ship Zero!!!!

GBS have done a cracking job improving the chassis and general ease of build this year, you will have a great time both building a quality sportscar and also meeting some great people along the way on here!!

As Nick says also ask away, we were all there at one time or another.

Cheers

John

Thanks John. As I was looking round the factory a couple of weeks ago, Richard was pointing out all the little tweaks they were making and where the improvements were. It was "we are working on this", "we have just changed that", "this is a work in progress", "we are developing that" and so one. I was impressed by the quality and the overall set up at GBS which helps add a level of confidence to the build.

Welcome mate,

This is the mad house. 4 months into my build almost done I reckon lol. ( engine still not in, too many modifications :search: ). But the kit is a joy to put together. its cheaper to get chassis painted but go for the powder coat option. spents years painting lol. And still not the best finish ever.

As Nick and John have mentioned feel free to ask any questions.

You decided on engine yet? Am yet to see a BEC zero. Common do it do it lol just messing

Enjoy it mate

femi

Femi. I am going the Zetec route as it just seems to make most sense, to me anyway. I have specified a lowered floor and powder coating as, again, it makes sense to me. I am not sure I will get on a quickly as you have, I estimate maybe a year to 18 months is more likely, but I'll have to see how I get on.

Guest Stuartl

Femi. I am going the Zetec route as it just seems to make most sense, to me anyway. I have specified a lowered floor and powder coating as, again, it makes sense to me. I am not sure I will get on a quickly as you have, I estimate maybe a year to 18 months is more likely, but I'll have to see how I get on.

Hi David, I see you are in Gloucester like me! No posh Zero here but I have an Exmo which I love and thats all that matters to me!

PM me with details of where in Glos you are and if you fancy popping over one evening for a nosey round the garage feel free! Cheers, Stuart