Master Cylinder

Guest greavesy7

Guest The Modfather

No! If they are leaking then you are losing brake pressure. Where abouts are they leaking, as they enter the reservoir at the nuts?

If you have any slack you could cut the old end off, re flare it and tighten up, otherwise it will be a new pipe. Some times the reservoirs can get really manky especially if the fluid isn't regularly changed, and sometimes the seals will be shot as well. Best replace the whole thing as they are fairly cheap. Or clean it all up including all threads, refit new seals and check the ends of the connecting pipes.

You may just have a split or damaged end, check them first. Cheaper even still if it's just a new pipe needed!

HTH

Daz

Copper can work harden in use. It becomes less malleable and may not seal well if undone and then refitted. Inspect the pipe end with good light to see if there is any distortion or damage. If OK then heating with a blow torch till dull red heat and allowing to cool in air will anneal the copper making it soft again. Once cool, refitting and normal tightening may well re-establish a good seal.

Nigel

Guest Ian & Carole

Don't put your self down Nigel, you are both correct according to http://www.ehow.com/how_5796817_anneal-copper-tubing.html

1.Aim the torch at the place on the tubing you want to bend. Run the flame over the copper, moving steadily over it, heating the copper until it glows a dull cherry red.

Turn the torch off by closing the oxygen valve, followed by the acetylene valve.

Set the copper tubing aside for it to cool by air, or quench the tubing in water. Cool the copper fast so that it becomes soft. Water cool the tubing for a more workable material.

Work the cooled tubing, bending to shape as needed.

Read more: How to Anneal Copper Tubing | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5796817_anneal-copper-tubing.html#ixzz1BwqduvvS

Guest mower man

Not wishing to be clever but have you got the correct flare on these pipes (I've done this myself) i.e domed or concave are not interchangable! once again apologies if I'm being a pendant mower man :unknw: :good: