Rear Coilovers?

SSSLINE

Hi,

Appreciate any advice on this one, I am looking to improve the rear end stability / grip and remove the current coil springs and std sierra shocks to be replaced by coilovers, I see a tube with U bracket on kit spares sold for the 2-B and am assuming my Sub-K has a similar arrangement so this will fit.

Real question is what length shocks and poundage springs are recommended / used also 1.9 or 2.25 dia. :unknw:

Thanks

Tony.R

Guest old_timbo

Have you checked the rear wheels toe-in and camber? Both are too big if the standard Sierra rear end is used unadjusted. I've set mine to parallel and 1/2 deg. camber which got rid of all the rear end bump steer I had.

Mine's got coilovers on the back but it still used to hop about like crazy. I found the rear wheels were toeing in by about 3 degrees and so I shimmed them til they were parallel. It was like driving a different car, all the bump steer vanished. I'm not sure what camber they're at but 1 deg. seems to ring a bell.

Hope this helps, Steve

Hi

Thanks for the thoughts, I do have correction wedges fitted on the rear but no measured figures. will check though.

It is quite soft as is and squirms a bit under acceleration hence coilover question.

Cheers

Tony. R