Connector

Guest Alan_builder

Guest Alan_builder

Please, an engine bay loom connector with tails so I can connect it to my wiring harness. Its to fit a 1990 Sierra.

So if you have fitted one of the alternative wiring looms, you may have this item spare. Beer tokens or wonga available.

Thanks

Alan

Guest Alan_builder

More details please Alan, we changed our '89 CVH to injection so the bit you require may be in the spare wire box.

Hi Bob,

I had a look under my hood and couldn't see it! There are 2 connectors, both square I believe. One connects most of the engine wiring to the loom which runs round the firewall. the connector is located nearside front wing / firewall. When Ford built the Sierra there was a range of engines so when they selected an engine they just changed the engine wiring loom, a plug and go job.

My original donor car was a CVH but a piston was broke, hanging out side the engine casting, so I fitted a pinto.

Alan

Can you post up a picture of what you're after, I've got an '89 Sierra loom but it's a tangled mass of wires in a large box. The connector may or may not be in there but if I know what I'm looking for it would help finding it.

Guest Alan_builder

Hi All,

Mutter, mutter, b*****.

Drove the 6 miles to see my car and couldn't see the connector to photograph, I think. May be it is the oval thing in the photo My web page

If you think you have the connector, even if in use please pop a photo on the board.

Thanks

Alan

Guest Alan_builder

Will post if you can I.D. the connector required or bring to next meet if not in a hurry.

Hi Bob,

I am not in a hurry, well I am but I know I have missed the pr-season slot. Tim says I will use the post season slot!

I think I need the mating half to the connectors in picture 1 & 2. If you could bring the bits to the next meet that would be good, I hope by then to have had a better look. I just don't want to cut the wiring ties just yet.

Thanks

Hi Steven,

Thanks, having a mating pair will help as you must have the correct half, I just hope it is the right connector.

Thanks

Alan