Dashboard From A Car !

Guest fontayne56

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fontayne56

Make sure you have room for the Wiper motor etc and the windscreen demister ducting !!!

There should be plenty of room as it does'nt protude behind the two front pillers, which is nice. Even managed to get the glove box to fit which has a lock on it. Next task to get the fibre glass out some filler ! Once done taking it to be recovered to match the seats will be wicked will post pics of the progress.

Could this be used as a mold to make others ??

On Holiday In yarmouth at the mo slow progress will be slow .... !!

Guest big kev

I always look at the new kits on flebay this has just been put on there it's a westy but I think it's alone the same lines your trying to achieve

10771cd3.jpg

Cheers

Guest sandy77uk

I used the instruments from a Triumph Dolomite from Ebay for a few quid; waterproof ply and leathercloth - again Ebay

That looks a really nice, clean job, I like, I've just done mine and made a pigs arse of it :(

I used the instruments from a Triumph Dolomite from Ebay for a few quid; waterproof ply and leathercloth - again Ebay

I thought that type of instrument would not be allowed through the SVA/IVA due to its sharp! edges?

Nige

edges of all guages need to be radiused , probs often come with the senders not talking to the guages ,

cos they arnt matched , so the dont work correctly .

graham

Kev, that's the Westfield Mazda SDV, uses the instrument pod straight from an MX5.

It could probably be done in an early monocoque and maybe a Zero (is there any strengthening in the scuttle assembly?), don't think it will work on a 2B because the dashboard chassis rail is in the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stuartl

I will be very interested to see how this turns out as my HUGE issue with so many kit cars has always been the state of the interior and dash. I have seen hundreds of cars where 99% of the effort has gone on how the outside looks and the interiors are just a cobbled together mess. My car has Sierra clocks which look dreadful, cant wait to change them to proper dials!

Guest fontayne56

Just purchased a center Console out of a Rover 200 to cut down and add, Will post further pics once i have been allowed in the garage !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fontayne56

Hi chaps another update. Added a nice pocket at the bottom and a gear stick suround from a rover 200 ! and more fibre glass ! loads of work still needed ...

image_url-4763-1306843927.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest fontayne56

Sorry not had an update in ages ! too much booze and not enough snooze, Will post another picture when the camera is out. Its nearly ready to cover, Watch this space guys !!