Mot Emissions

Guest oldman

Guest oldman

just failed mot on emissions just checked log book says first registraion 07 03 1984 date of first registration 12 09 2005 do i need emissions check or should it be visual only cheers ray goddard

You do need an emissions check. This will be to the standard required of the engine in the car at the time of SVA or IVA. I assume it was SVA and a pinto engine dated from 1984. Date of registration second time (or first time for that matter) is irrelevant. Emission standards are judged on date of engine manufacture.

This gives you an effective engine/vehicle/emissions date of Pre Aug 86

Emissions for this engine are: CO <= 4.5%, HC <= 1200 ppm.

These figures are fixed for the vehicle life and cannot as far as I know be changed even by the fitting of a different type of engine.

Nigel

Guest oldman

On my V5 front page at the bottom it states the required emissions, which for my car us 3.5 and 1.2 which equates to 1200

thanks for that still got problems then

Just had mine MOT'd - it's got a 1988 Pinto in it & it had to be below 3.5% CO & 1200 HC.

I'm pretty sure yours will be the same limits.

Thankfully mine passed.

Guest peter2b2002

looking at my last mot Crypton gas analysis, E reg 2ltr efi Co2 0.79% pass - max 4.5, HC 78ppm pass - max 1200, smoke level - pass,

peter2b