Breakdown Cover Thoughts!

megadodo

With my 160 mile round trip to the IVA next week I was wondering who people have used for breakdown cover and what experiences you've had, good or bad. Is it more or less to cover a kit car and do some companies not cover them at all. The floor is yours.

Green flag..

Really good service. Unfortunately had to use them 2 times recently. but good service and a tow home each time. Just make sure you tell them about kit car coverage and they will base the cover against the oldest vehicle reg (mine being the kit on a D reg).

Boncaster is very cheap and it covers you and your spouse for any vehicle. Only down side is that you have to pay for the recovery up front and then re-claim so you need to remember to have your credit card with you. They recover within the hour just like AA etc.

When i had my SVA test i did break down and the recovery was great and my claim was settled in full in less than a week. Anything can go wrong the first time you go out on the road (mine was a fuel pump failure) so i would strongly recommend break down insurance it will be much cheaper than paying for recovery back to your home address.

If you haggle with the AA they will reduce their costs a lot. Again its the driver thats covered not the car you can get cover that includes the other half and i think it even covers you if you are in someone else's car and that breaks down (you will need to check this out).

Phil