Rip Kit Car

speedtripledan

its strong allright but i took the full brunt of the impact ! felt like being wacked in the back of the head with lump of wood ! mellow.gif

defo get to hospital got to be whiplash sorry to hear about this mate take care of whiplash (3k) best give gbs a ring and get a re chassis quote !!! may have to be a new square tube one though mate shame that!!! Hope you reminded the jag driver where his stopping distance :vava: :vava: :vava:

hi dan i am glad your going to be ok after the hospital visit .

2b one huge shock zone . and no crush areas , as said if a rightoff then the only alternative is

you guessed it a zero .

hope your ok and your insurace valuation is current , plus the damage to your spine and neck

to take into account . you might want to offer your add on piston heads or locost , to the insurance

if value not accepted ,

other idea is to ask steve to do a valuation based on pre crash condition .

hope to see you at newark . no sticks i hope .

graham

Guest big kev

Get down A&E early hours and say the pain woke u up. Your car was very good looking too.

Think of all them flash backs your having and the emotional heart brake from losing your car

Zero fir you now then dan

Cheers

Guest snotfart

sorry to hear of your misfortune dan hope all works out ok for you, i would like to warn you of the possible consequences of this accident.

a couple of years ago a guy ran into the back of me whilst i was braking to avoid an accident with another vehicle,the police were called and found me blameless in the incident so i thought all was well and expected the insurers to do their thing.imagine my surprise when solicitors letters start arriving and he claims that the accident was my fault and is suing me.the story is far too long to type all the details but the case did get to court and thankfully i won but my costs award was an insulting £55

so make a good record of events and witnesses etc now while it is all still fresh in your mind.

best of luck

dave

Guest dinger

Thats bad news Dan, or is it!

Seriously,, glad your ok mate, get the insurance payout and get the chassis you really want, the car shouldnt cost much to buy back but make it clear from the start that you want to get it back, as in most cases the car is already sold to a salvage yard before its officailly written off,

ALl the best,

Dave

You really got me thinking now on my insurance renewal mine is due they want £135 can get it for £113 with another quote. But the one that wants £135 paid out 4 years ago after a accident with no arguments to full amount maybe I should pay £22 more.

Guest Noddy006

What a real bummer, visit the quack and make sure YOU are O.K. then you can get sorted for a new build. Motor looked terrific too. BOL Ian H

Guest mower man

Dan, what a bummer ,hope you are recovering ok ok ! like others have posted stick them big style .emotional stress ,whip lash what ever ! What time did it happen ? I was in Maltby lateish yesterday and was thinking about calling at MK but took the shorter way home , any assistance you need give me a shout, am usualy at home and check the board most mornings , but am away for two weeks from Monday :friends: :good: mick [mower man ]

Guest Getting There

Dan

When I had my crash a 2 years ago although I didn't go through the insurance I went through the process incase I needed to. They valued my car as salvage as £350, that was basically the scrap value. If you have agreed value you wil be fine, and if they say they are paying your value dont let them know of any mods as this may increase the buy back price (if your buying an old engine in a frame then its not as much as a modified version!). If you are buying back make sure that they know this, I even insisted that the car was brought back to my house after the accident and the assesors looked at it there as I didn't want parts going missing or bits I wanted to keep getting left out in the weather.

As I said at the time of my accident so long as your OK thats the main thing, its a slow process with insurance companies but you will get sorted and end up with a Zero I am sure!!

Cheers

Chris