Indicators

Thrashed

Hi

The plan this weekend is to get the front of the car finished. First job planned it the indicators on the nose cone. Now after reading the IVA manual is says the following:

MAX DISTANCE FROM SIDE (mm)

400 (min separation 500 unless vehicle width is less than 1400, where Min separation 400) see note 6 below

Note 6: position/ Max distance from side (mm): 400 or in case of a front indicator on a left hand drive mass produced vehicle - 510 where flashing front marker lamps are fitted, or in the case of a rear indicator on a left hand drive mass produced vehicle, 480 where it is one of a number of lamps having a common lamp housing.

So..... Had a look on the Westfield sign and found this:

http://westfield-world.com/Pix/Lighting-Front.jpg

When i position my indicators the edge closest to the outside of the car is 360mm. From what i rear above this means all is well, don't it????? :unknw:

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Steve

400mm max inboard from widest point of car,& as most of our type cars have a wider rear track measure that & add to front track. All the diagrams I've seen show measurement taken from outer edge of lamp, but if taken from centre gives some leeway;no point in failing 'cause of a few mm short on brackets.

Before & after IVA

Guest scrabster

hi steve, ive got a set of proven sva and iva indicators if you want to use them for the test then just put your own choice on after it passes first time.:good:

regards,jess.

Guest peterw7022

I had this problem as well, ended up extending the indicators by about 25mm to get the whole of the illuminated part within 400mm of the outer edge. Used some round plastic feet that were on the bottom of an old tv cabinet.

Pete