Helmet Or Roof

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

Been thinking a while about what I'm going to spend my money on. I'm thinking either a roof/doors or just get a helmet. This is really only for long journeys eg. Kitcar shows or trips away. I'm not too bothered about drives down the sea front but just higher motorway speeds.

Iv got the windscreen fitted. So was just wondering what people think before I buy a helmet or roof.

Cheers

luke

Guest MarkB

Depends what you are willing to spend, for normal driving you do not need a top flight helmet, weather gear new will set you back a few hundred quid

Guest The Modfather

Helmet and a pac-a-mac! Less weight than all that weather gear = more speed :clapping:

In the event of an accident, the helmet will protect you more than a vinyl hood, IMO

Guest Kennedy48

That's a thing. Pay more for a roof and the car only gets used in the dry. Only wanted one so I don't get wind in my eyes while traveling long distences and oter flying objects

cheers

luke

Guest dinger

Personally I like to wear a crash helmet wherever I go, I dont have a screen or aero so objects in my face I do not want,

As you have a windscreen then you could just get a decent pair of sports goggles,,(NOOOO, not swimming goggles!!!!)

You'd look cool as hell.

Hi, I like having the options of weather gear. I've now got full weather gear with home made doors, half doors and surrey in rip stop nylon and use them as a mix and match as to weather and what I feel like.

Surrey and half doors cost about 30 quid. Home made full doors about 70 quid, and full weather gear was 300 or 350, can't remember as was 7 years ago.

Tried a helmet a few times but didn't like it.

Nick

Started with no screen and a helmet, fitted the screen and enjoyed the experience of wind in the hair, went deaf and partly blind so fitted thedoors, much much better on long journeys.

Now fitted the full hood and find although visibility is bad it felt like my old Spitfire, quite cozy inside but awkward to get in and out of