Confused About What Car I Have?

Guest adey1984

Guest adey1984

If I knew how to get pics on here Id post a few, it defo has/had tr7 engine and box, also has tr7 live axle and brakes. The engine was a slant 4 triumph engine that I lifted out at the weekend. Any where I can read up on the rs? Space frame chassis? Cheers

It looks like a RS TR7 to me as well, these are the forerunner of the Robin Hood S7 Dolomite based model and where the cross over from the RS Daytona to the seven as at the time RHE had a number of TR7 lying around there yard.

The RS TR7 was launched at Stoneleigh kit car show in 1989 with the kit priced at £995 + VAT

Sure is-

As for the nosecone the standard Robin Hood nosecone is 26" wide and has a a girth at the rear horse shoe of 35"

They also made one that was 24" wide for their Locost model

Maybe worth giving GBS a call to see if they have any still laying about.

Guest mower man

What parts do you need ? . The nose cone surely cannot be that impossible ,get measuring and enquire ! , front wings are available in swept or cycle ,rear arches should not present a big prob , bonnet looks possibly wider ,is this the prob with the nose cone ? after that there isn't much left . It is a short production run so some adaptation may be neccersary but that's part of the fun.Research and measure the only daft question is the one you don't ask HTH mower man :good:

Guest adey1984

Just the nose cone really, its been a major headache to be fair, already purchased 2 that are quite far off, the front anti roll/tie bar and where it bolts too on the car are still sticking out under the nose cones and I'd like them covered. Already have front cycle wings and rears. To be honest I need to actually see another kit car/rh to see how things are mounted and held in place as I'm kinda flying/building blind

There have been some over on locostbuilders website who have built their own chassis and have been unable to find a nose cone to fit. Ended up cutting one in half and adding or removing material to make it fit the chassis.

Looking at the ARB mounts they could be moved in-board with a hacksaw and a welder and still be effective. Kit car building needs a bit of fluid thinking sometimes. Can't get a nose cone to cover the mounts? Move the mounts. Try again. Still no go? Do you need the ARB. Possibly. Remake ARB 'subframe' and use same or different ARB. Possibly not. Remove the whole ARB 'subframe' and discard ARB.

Most sevens don't have ARBs but they are useful for fine tuning handling/balance on top handling cars.

Another thought. Not knowing the TR7 suspension I don't know if the ARB forms one leg of the lower 'wishbone' as it does on a sierra. In which case it would have to be replaced with a tie bar.

Nigel

Guest adey1984

Indeed it does form one part of a wishbone as such, if I was going to cut it to move it I'd be better off welding in pickups for a complete lower wishbone, that could still be on the cards. Need to weld in new engine mounts anyway so might as well get trigger happy with the welder. Plan was to build a track toy, move away from the saloon cars as kit cars were the only thing to really pass me on track.

This is the plan for it, will run on jenvey throttle bodies and an omex ecu

189797bd.jpg