Sliding Pilar Bushes

Guest Nobby c

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blush: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Cheers Lad's.

Nobby,

What do you mean bottoms bushes? Are you refering to the rubber Donut or are you refering to lower bronze bush in the strut? If it's the later then you are looking at doing the conversion for a McPherson strut as shown in the build manual as I don't think you can just get the bush's (may be wrong on this?)

For the lower donut, I used a hard shore, anti vibration mount with inset washers each side (approx 20mm thick) worked a dream.

As the lads have said mine ran pretty well, although it will give a more nervous front end handling and plenty of front end understeer, however if you know what to expect it will run fine..Absoultely nothing wrong with this set up if you are a nutter :crazy: :crazy: and get the most out of it :rolleyes: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Guest Ian Maycock

Nobby

If its the rubber bushes you are referring to, i replaced both of mine recently as they had split and come out. i used some heavy duty rubber belting off cuts. like conveyor belting. They have a cloth webbing laminated in and this stops the rubber from splitting and deforming too much under compression. i just drilled a 10mm hole through the middle and trimmed them to size.

Hope this helps?

iggy

Thanks for the replies, he doesn't have the money to change to wishbones, i would if it was mine, will try to sourse some rubber & make my own as i done with the rear shock bushes on my 3A. Thanks again.