S7 Tie Bar Upgrade From Sierra Anti Roll Bar

Guest shaggy

Before the tie bar mod my car would understeer like crazy, I could not tail slide it on the hard standing at the farm.

Even with tie bars and 120lb springs the new Gaz shocks are only set at 10 out of 30 clicks.

I have suspension movement now but still little roll, I would think longer lighter springs and a Caterham anti roll bar would be an interesting project, possibly also looking at a rear anti roll bar as well but for now I am quite happy.

• 1 year later...

You'll need to run plate under the car, I over engineered and ran plate eitherside of the steel bay floor and ran a piece of 2x1 box between the mounts under floor mounts to stop the tub twisting and replace the rigidity lost when the anti roll bar was removed, a sort of underfloor strut brace

Please see my previous post where I made a set of tie bars out of my ARB;

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=32640&hl=%20tie%20%20bars&st=0

I didn't change the springs (still on the "to-do list"), so the difference I felt was 100% due to the tie bars....and what a vast improvement they made to front end grip!!!

I would highly recomend the conversion, especially as it costs next to nowt!......but as others have said, your bump steer is probably being caused by something else being out of position and the tie bars won't cure this.