Peak District Weekend 2012

steve in stockport

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting at 10.30 and hope to be away for 10.45 give or take a couple of minutes. Meeting will be on the camping field or on the road just outside the campsite but it's a bit narrow.

We should be back at the campsite for around 5pm, then into the pub for some food and a beer or two. There will be stops for lunch, fuel, coffee etc and you're free to peel off whenever you've had enough.

My mobile is 07944 615999 if anybody is running late and needs to contact me

Guest shaggy

Steve, really sorry, but due to too many commitments, I need to take a rain check on this weekend. I was hoping to get out for the run on the sat, but my jobs list is getting a bit full (something to do with 10 days in France at the end of this month - without her indoors)

Hope you all have a fab weekend

Si

Guest jetskijase

respect to the hard core campers!! been in the rain all week so was tough going in the mud and rain, and thanks to the farmer for a jump start, my alternator vibrated loose causing a short so no charging going on so was interesting coming home having to choose between fan, wipers or lights!! :80: at least it wasnt the alternator.

A dry run home,the rain started again 5 minutes after wheels stopped turning,so an even better trip than the wet/dry on the way up. Most campers had their own personal swim pool around/inside the tent; Steve needs a couple of ducks for his roof mounted pool.

A very good 100mile run around the Peaks in a lot of water,too much for us to paddle through the ford;which was 300mm deep.

527miles in total without a hitch,thanks Steve for the planning & every-one we met for the company.

Thanks to everybody who turned out and braved the weather, solid rain from 2pm Friday until around1pm Saturday. Standing water on the camping field, running water in some of the tents, standing water, running water, mud, debris and rocks on the roads, but hey we're hoodies and bit of water won't stop us!

Couple of nice meals in the pub to finish the days of and to cap it all, all the tents went down nice and dry this morning :D

Here are a couple of photos

DSCF0941.jpg

The victims gather ready for the off

DSCF0942.jpg

Derek contemplates taking Marylin for a splash through the swollen ford.....ooo err missus!

DSCF0943.jpg

Too deep to cross

DSCF0944.jpg

Bob and Sylvia 'enjoying' the best of the Peak District

DSCF0945.jpg

Thirsty cars after a days touring.

Great weekend, thanks Steve for organising it. Great to meet new friends and catch up with the old ones!

Thanks to all who helped me with the wipers, donations of tie wraps and good advice got them working again.

Dry run home, no rain at all here today. Spent the afternoon cleaning the sprayon cr4p off the car and finding the reason for the loss of power; turned out to be the paper air filter had turned to mush (papier mache) and was blocking the intake.

All set for Newark.