Rear Stoneguards

Guest mikeh

Just about finished the build and doing the little odds and ends before arranging to get the car up to GBS for its IVA. Had the first engine start today, took a little while as there was a fuel line problem from the low pressure pump to the swirl pot - whatever, once sorted, started up and ran smoothly.

Now the point of the topic - am about to fix the stainless steel rear stoneguards and wonder how others have fixed them. Any thoughts?

Mike

I found that the plates that were given were far too large.

I cut them to fit just to the bend in the wheel arch and held them in place with clekos while I used the

other holes in the plate to drill out the rest of the fibreglass holes.

Don't forget to put trim around the edge before riveting them down. IVA man might not like them if he spots that !

You can find some photos of mine on my web site. Check out "October"

http://www.sj-bradley.talktalk.net/

Simon.

Simon

Thanks for the reply and the pics. I have already cut the supplied guards down to a more appropriate size. I guess rivets are the best thing though I have seen some attached using nuts and bolts. Just to check, assume you used S/steel rivets? What size?

Cheers

mike

Mike keep it simple just do what you need to to get it IVA'd then you can play. We just had a first time pass with a old superspec no screen no wipers no stone guards just what was required to be a road legal car

Guest sandy77uk

I bought 2 carbon fibre panels (they are real carbon fibre and not the film i used to wrap my dash in) used a contact adhesive (similar to carpet glue) fitted prior to IVA and no issues since

tried to attach a photo, excuse the baffon in the picture

Edited by sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

That looks fab. I have also just has some carboin fibre ones made and will fit them after IVA. The car looks amazing :clapping:

thanks man, yeah I was pretty pleased with how they look, I wasn't a massive fan of the metal sheets, I didnt think they kept in keeping with the 2 tone colour scheme i was going for