Weigh Like A Cow?

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Hello, in the Spanish papers of my RH 2B (with engine of Sierra 2.0) it's written that the "tara"(weigh of the car) is 1.100 kg, what means 2.425 lb, isn´t it a lot?????, could be possible that they made wrong the conversion from lb to kg making the Spanish papers??, or that simply they leaved the weigh of the Sierra donor??. How much use to weigh a RH 2B??.

Thank you, David.

Hi,

GBS gave me the figures to put onto the IVA form and the total for the zero was 1050 which is what appears in my IVA. But it mentions kg. So now I'm confused too.

Does the Zero weigh just over 1 metric tonne? I thought it would be half that and that the figures given were lbs which then would make sense.

Looks like I'll be ringing GBS tomorrow with my usual question and adding this one.

Q) Is my weathergear ready yet? (It's the last thing I need to fit before Stoneleigh so not much time left ... )

Simon.

Guest MarkB

Hi,

GBS gave me the figures to put onto the IVA form and the total for the zero was 1050 which is what appears in my IVA. But it mentions kg. So now I'm confused too.

Does the Zero weigh just over 1 metric tonne? I thought it would be half that and that the figures given were lbs which then would make sense.

Looks like I'll be ringing GBS tomorrow with my usual question and adding this one.

Q) Is my weathergear ready yet? (It's the last thing I need to fit before Stoneleigh so not much time left ... )

Simon.

i could be wrong but dont they base it upon adding both axle weights together which would give you the figure you have which of course is not the true weight of the car.

Yes, this is what I thought Simon, it's very strange for a 2B or Zero weigh more than 1 metric ton (I thought it would be almost the half), the Porsche 911SC cabrio weigh 1160 kg, just 60 kg more than it's written at my papers and the Porsche has lots of steel and doors,and many more things than the 2B.

Let me know what GBS will tell you tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Mark, in my Spanish papers is written 1.100 kg for the TARA(weigh of the car) and 1.415 kg for the MTMA/MMA (weight of the two axels together)

Edited by paisesmediterraneos

Guest marsbar

Hi David , my 2B wishbone weighs 760kg, according to my local scrap dealer who let me use his weighbridge.

That is with a pinto, spare wheel, and a windscreen, which I think is about what other people's weigh.

It has to be that as it can certainly shift, which at over a tonne it would not be as quick.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi,

So, is there some way of getting from the axle weights (450 and 600) to get an accurate real total weight? I suppose I could consider the moments about a point etc and try and work it out.

But there must be a way to do this.

AHA - brainwave. My local postal sorting office has one on the exit. I wonder if that'll work?

They might wonder why I drive in and straight out again though :)

Simon.

Well in the case of an oval footprint, I would take the area of the ellipse instead which i seem to recall is

Area = Pi * (long axis)/2 * (short axis)/2 which will give a smaller area so the weight of the car will be less (calculated)

And you're right of course about the document registered weights being max design load.

Simon.

Guest mower man

my S7 mono is 804 k in touring trim i.e. half tank,etc , spare wheel ,fully trimmed ,wet gear , i think some of the weights posted on here are willy waving !but as long as they are happy ok .The weights being quoted are max design weights I would think av figs of 750k would be close to the truth ---- my ops only --mowerman

im sure i was told when purchacing my zero a couple of weeks ago that they weigh aroung 600 kg i would guess a 2b to be around the same

2B is quite a bit heavier with all that stainless tube mine was around 730kg but now has spare wheel so bit more like 760kg

Hi,

Ok, so the information I got this morning is that the weights that are on the v5 are design weights only. I think that means that the car must not be overloaded past these weights. So in reality, the cars will weigh less than this figure. I'm thinking quite a bit less.

Section 44 of IVA manual states the following:

4. The sum of the design axle weights must be equal to or greater than the maximum gross vehicle weight.

a) The kerbside weight on the next page states that the car is weighed with no passengers, a full fuel tank and any tools normally carried by the vehicle.

Then

B) Passenger / luggage weight is 68kg in each seat plus 7kg x number of designated seats

and then this page:

post-4714-0-32284500-1334313552_thumb.jpg

(I didn't fancy typing all THAT out :) )

Simon.