Collection

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

so i got that phone call today to say the kit is ready for collection :):)

i will be heading up there saturday with my mate his big van and a big roll of bubble rap lol

anything else i should take along ??

thanks tom

Guest dinger

A camera,

Take some pics of you collecting the kit with you in them for IVA, Also over the next few days make alist of stuff you want to ask, and jot down all the asnwers, Also ask to have alook around the wortkshop and take some pics of anything you might be unsure of, brackets,cables and so on,

Guest Alan_builder

i will be heading up there saturday with my mate his big van and a big roll of bubble rap lol

thanks tom

RHS used to say bring a Luton van so the chassis can go over the cab and the rear doors will close.

So check the inside length of the van against the chassis length.

I used a LWB transit type van I think it was LDF, but it was a pile of junk (polite mode)

I found when I picked up my kit that not everything I needed was included. It was lucky they're not far away from me.

So when they check stuff off on the list, make sure that you really have everything you need. I was without front calipers for ages and then front pads. I ended up making some wooden brake pads for the front just to get the system bled ready for them.

You can see them here http://www.sj-bradley.talktalk.net/Kit-Car-Progress/April/index.html 7th photo in :)

Notebook, Camera, pen and patience :)

Simon.

Just to avoid someone else making silly schoolboy errors like I did , have a look at the responses to my question about top ball joints and get the top wishbones and seat belt mounting tapped out while you are there .

Also have a look at all the bags you are given and check for anything marked 'No .......' e.g. no nuts - it means there is something missing. As dinger said photo everything you can in the work shop and make them close ups, it surprising what you will spot when you look through them in a few months time wondering how best to fit all the wiring under the scuttle or how best to route the brake lines out of the pedal box.

Also however much bubble wrap you take it wont be enough - take a couple of rolls of cling film too. Everything will be loose so you will have at least 30 - 40 pieces floating around in the back of the van.

Theres a sign on the wall at GBS to remind people the length of the Zero chassis is 3.4 meters - so make sure you can get that in the van, preferably flat, and close the doors.

Take a 4GB (or bugger) USB stick with you and ask Richard to copy all their build pictures on to it.

Ian

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Just to add to the above take some plastic crates to put all the loose stuff in and as others have said to stop it floating around in the back of the van. I took some old blankets/sheets to wrap the GRP up in, may also be an idea to lay something like an old blanket on the floor of the van to stop the powder coating getting scrapped on the van floor.

Take loads of pictures and then when you have finished take a load more pictures and then take a load of close up pictures, you get the idea, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Spencer

Guest Captain Daz

As you're going up from here in Kent, I'd suggest you take a packed lunch or cash for food. It'll be quite a long day and at some point you'll be starving so take plenty to fill yourself up with. In all the excitement you'll forget about it until your tum starts shouting!

And take your phone so you can call your mates and tell them I'VE JUST BOUGHT A ZERO!!! :yahoo:

Get them to run some taps down the treads if you dont have any. Especialy down the top ball joint as this can be a pain. if you cant thread the ball joint in far enough. i know that a few people have had problems with this. when i collected mine they offered to do this for me while they made me a brew and then went for a spin in the demo car. They are very helpful bunch and will talk to you all day giving you tips. i was there for hour taking picture and drinking all their tea. Keith even took my wife out for a spin and she shat her pants.

Guest tom-zero

sounds good i should have the taps no problems may see if they will take my mate out for a spin tho lol as for pics do i really need to take that many lol i dont want to anoy them by hovering around with a camera all day i have seen alot of pics online already do u think i will need more ??

thanks Tom

I think you will be the odd one out if you don't take loads of pictures. I think it also helps them since they will get fewer calls that distract the guys in the workshop.