Demist/heater

Disco

zero screen does not comply
Can I ask in what way and can it be modified to be compliant with IVA?

I believe using small electric fan heaters you can be demist compliant. Although they are heavy on the battery. (Can't remember who sells them but will have a think)

Nigel

I think the biggest issue will be the mounting pillars as they have too sharp an edge.

The glass has to be E marked. The edge around the screen has now been rounded compared to the original 2b frame so should be ok.

With the screen though, vents and heater are required which pose the problem of sharp edges on the controls. Also the wipers need to clear the screen sufficiently.

And a host of other items that will be tested and could fail. Solution - remove screen for test and these other items don't need to even BE on the car so cannot fail that way.

Most people will suggest that you build for the IVA and then carry on building afterwards.

Simon.

What's the big deal with fitting a heater during the build? England's green & pleasant just aint so for a large chunk of the year, winter motoring ( & most of spring/autumn)is cold with no top & little sides. Fit windscreen after IVA but also fit wipers & demister 'cause you will get (sooner or later) rain on BOTH sides of the glass & then visibility will be lessened. May explain why some cars are fine weather only.

Guest sadjagboy

A mini heater box fits quite well in a 2B, not sure about a Zero, Polo heater is another popular choice, but as above go without a screen to IVA, just giving yourself extra work and hassle, to try and comply.