Cosworth Hubs

Guest tom-zero

Guest tom-zero

hi again guys

got another question for you.

i have just brought some front hubs for the zero, when i went and picked them up i saw they were cosworth ones with the 4 pot brakes on them, i was very pleased with these as i had been intenending to upgrade to 4 pots once on the road.

its only after a few days of thinking about them that i realise ive not really heard of many people fitting these hubs and have started to worry that there may be a reason for this lol,

so is there any reason not to fit them or do they not fit ? have i brought something i cant use ?

thanks Tom. post-10102-0-75954400-1343079867_thumb.jpg

Guest tom-zero

Thanks that's just what I wanted to hear :) I will try one of the wheels off my fiesta to see if 15s will fit over the brakes

Thanks for the advice Tom

Guest ant.b

i tried to use these on my 2b , and they did nt fit the taper on the bottom ball joint properley , and gave to much neg camber with no adjustment left on the top wishbone , so went back to the standard sierra hub , however might be differant on a zero though ?

ant

I have just used a £5hand reamer to alter the taper of two sierra hubs for my car. Slow but very easy. So that's not definitely a problem. Wrong geometry might be. Depends on the upper wishbone length and even then a custom wishbone would sort that. Is it worth the effort?

Nigel

Guest tom-zero

been having a look through ebay to see how much more i may have to spend lol

does anyone no if i buy some none cossie hubs to get the geometry right and ball joint mounts ? to fit if i would be able to transfer the 4 pots over to them ?

thanks tom

Guest ant.b

been having a look through ebay to see how much more i may have to spend lol

does anyone no if i buy some none cossie hubs to get the geometry right and ball joint mounts ? to fit if i would be able to transfer the 4 pots over to them ?

thanks tom

no not a straight swap the set i bought with standard sierra hubs had already had some meat took off the mounting side of the caliper to get it centered on the disc , so i ve been using them with no issues but will change to alloy 4 pots when funds allow , as they aint light !