Dvla Nonsense Yet Again :)

sj-bradley

Hi,

Just to recap. You'll all remember my aggro with the DVLA which managed to lose my original documents, find them again (buried in peat no doubt) and issue me a second log book, tax disc and plating certificate?

Well, I had sent these duplicates back to the DVLA with a covering letter explaining why.

End of the matter? - Er, No !

I have now had a letter from MiB (No, not the Men In Black, but the Motor Insurance Bureau) telling me not to ignore this letter as I could be fined for owning a vehicle that is not insured.

And, you guessed it, it relates to the Never Exisiting Vehicle. :crazy:

The DVLA had NOT taken any action regarding the documents I had sent back in early March. Nearly 5 months have passed and they have just sat on their large rear ends twiddling their dipsticks. :)

Hopefully, they have now "voided" (their words) the entry on the database.

Still, the saga continues ...

I will wait and see if I get a reminder to renew the "tax" on this ghost vehicle :)

I think Douglas Adams had these guys in mind when he thought of the Vogon Constructor Fleet !

Simon.

• Like 1

The car is sorted correctly so I'm not worried there.

It's just the "phantom" car keeps rearing its head now and then which I can then find amusing.

Gives me something to complain about to the DVLA. I now await Sept 1st when the Phantom needs its tax renewing :)

Hopefully this won't happen (But, knowing the DVLA as well as I do now ... ! ) :crazy:

Simon.