Oooh-Er Look At This!

Guest ollie chapman

Guest mcramsay

Lol the dsg box on my golf started clucking into 6th gear after 21000 miles, cars under warranty but they won't touch it because it's "normal" it's most defiantly not! But it's under warranty and they will be forking out the 4 grand they want for a new box when it goes pop!

Guest ollie chapman

Hi all, update on the chassis. GBS did us proud on Monday, all fixed while my wife and I had a pub lunch, then back on the trailer and home. Also had a look round the factory - some nice cars in the build. It's really worthwhile seeing how far r&d has gone with the Zero, and how clean cut and sorted a factory build is! And a blast in the demonstrator - as a passenger. All in all a great day out. See the pix below of added bracing and plating. So hopefully no more worries.

P1010998.jpg

P1010996.jpg

P1010995.jpg

Many thanks to all who have added their comments and views, all worthwhile and interesting.

Guest ollie chapman

Hi, Thrashed - apart from removing the fuel tank and boot floor that was really it. You need to leave the car as a rolling chassis so you can get it on and off a trailer - or if you drive it there make sure they can get at the bits without hassle. I must stress I didn't build our Zero totally - it was an unfinished project - and there were issues with the workmanship in assembly of the wishbones GBS pointed out, so that's a rebuild for me.. It's a lesson to anyone who buys an unfinished car - you really need to pull it apart at each corner and take a good look at it. Wish I had. Whether this was an explanation for the chassis failure is unclear but GBS believe the problem started as a crack and worsened over time with the resultant failure. A study of the broken chassis bears this out.I think the jury is still out on what-when-why but the main point is they have upgraded the chassis to current spec and that's the outcome we all wanted. Can't fault GBS in any way. Done what it says on the tin - put it right and I'm happy with that. Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.