Oooh-Er Look At This!

Guest ollie chapman

Guest ollie chapman

Hi - Ollie returned from a spin out with his uncle - who runs a Westfield - saying "Dad, we have a problem". Some problem! The rear n/s lower wishbone mounting has fractured in the following places... good job he really wasn't clogging it!

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/andyjchapman/

Guest mcramsay

oh dear....i would be straight back to GBSC personally. best people to work out how that has happend, and also the best people to get it fixed for you.

The steel tubes that go through the Nyloplar bushes in the wishbone ends. If you've made them too short the bolt will clamp up the tabs on the chassis hard against the bushes. This would cause

Torsion in the chassis mounts as the wishbone moves up and down.

Guest mower man

As above don't like the rust and if a tight bush can cause this I'm not realy impressed .Get GBS involved before you do any thing !!! my ops only :sorry:

Guest ollie chapman

Hi guys, thanks for your posts. I have already emailed GBS and I'm awaiting their comments.All of the above is very interesting, although I would say the rust is only very light and I don't see corrosion as an issue.

Guest alfaGTA

Good response from GBS as expected, i imagine they will want to see that the cause of failure was too. Keep us posted if you can as we all have wishbones prone to failure..........