Woe Is Me!

nicko

1st of all, big thanks to Rob (CMA) for helping me in my hour of need.

On my way back from our meet my cam belt snapped. 3 hours later, I'm back home after a nice trip in a big wagon with flashy lights.

Might have to throw a sicky to get it fixed in time for barkston.

Bed time now.....

Nick

Thanks guys. The only day I've got free at the moment is Sunday 16th (Possibly friday 14th too).

Mick, a spare cam belt would be great, PM me your address, and I'll arrange to call round for 1, thanks.

So, If anyone's available, especially if you know how to set a pinto up, let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Nick

Sorry to hear about that Nick. Hope it was nothing to do with the exhaust dust off we had last night :rofl:

Glad to hear you got back ok mate. At least this is your 1st trip back on the back of tow truck.

I ended up on first name terms with Mr Green flag when I had ny 2b gremlins :crazy:

As above if you need any help at all let us know.

Nick, I can do friday 14th from 3 or any time the sunday. I changed my belt a couple of months ago so should be able to remember how to do it!

Will need a puller (if you have space in front of your crank pulley?) and a timing light, which i can bring.

Worth getting a new filter and a change of oil before the trackday?

what are you planning to take off? only need to remove belt cover (may need to remove top hose to get this off) and slacken the tensioner, unless you have anything specifically in the way?

Andy, got to take off air filter, air flow thingy and pipework, also bonnet to aid access.

Mark, instructions would be good! Also, you say "kit"... What else comes with the belt?

16th is ok with the Missus, so we're on

Nick

I don't understand why you need to remove the bonnet, it didn't get in my way.

You might also want to change the tensioner, costs about £15, which would come within a kit. I did.

Sunday 16th is cambelt fix day. If you would like to come and help/watch please reply on this topic or PM me for address. I'm pretty sure Andy and Rob will be here, so the more the merrier. We'll sort some lunch out and drinks, so numbers would be good. Thanks in advance, Nick.