Engine Upgrade (V6?)

Guest Mikem101

I think the ford 2.9 boa or bob with the quad cams will not fit. The heads are just too big. The easiest route is a 2.8 v6 Capri or Xr4i - pretty identical using the ford V6 with the longer input shaft from an xr4i give a engine and box combo straight from a donor that will drop in. With mechanical fuel injection ( or you can carb it) there are no ecu issues. Just swirlpot and exhaust costs. The lump is a heavy lump but keeps the nose down at speed. It will never win any trackdays but is torquey enough 1100 rpm in 5th is easy and fits. They are cheap to come across ( unless you get it rebuilt) and new set of pistons) shells, rebore conversion to unleaded new oil pumps etc will be over a grand - Just food for thought. They do sound a tad on the loud side though :)

Guest Mikem101

ok looks like I may take the plunge with the jag engine and gearbox and follow Ians lead.

Ian would you mind if I pick your brains for some tips when the time arises?

If everything goes to plan will pick up the Jag unit at the end of this month

Cant wait!

Guest alfaGTA

should have put a warning on that link! Also shouldn't mention that its only about 20 miles from the dock.... Bid full money if bellhousing is finished ;) makes a zetec/durabang i4 look rather dull

• 9 months later...
Guest Mikem101

Sorry it has been a while dont know where the time has gone

Well, I did get the Engine, have done a little bit of work on it, now want to get it running before trying to fit it in the empty car.

But I do need a little help if possible, if someone can help PLEEEEEEASE?

Question 1. I have bought an electric fuel pump a pretty bog standard pump that delivers 10 bar, but I am unsure how the delivery side works, it looks as if it should have a banjo fitting and a straight output as well, not sure what that is about unless one goes to a pressure switch to shut off the pump any ideas?

Question 2. Does anyone know where I can get the plug for the ST220 throttle body, ideally with some flying leads?

Question 3. Ignition, I am most probably going down the Microsquirt V3 route and EDIS 6 ( which I have) mainly due to my low budget, does anyone have any experience and advice with this?

Thanks in advance