Completion Items

WallerZ

Hi all,

I am looking at buying the MAzda Zero Kit from GBS, it is my first endeavour into the kit car world and I'd be needing a bit of help! I was wondering if anyone had a build sequence or list of parts they bought as I am looking at the Starter Kit and going from there. I already have a donor vehicle and will be using it, but I am lacking what other components would be needed to complete the vehicle.

I'm currently in Cannock if there are any owners nearby who would be willing to have a chat about their experiences and lend a few helping tips/tricks.

Cheers all,

Zach

Not sure quite what is needed for the MX5 Zero.

However the MX5 route is a good choice. I guess the donor parts would be pretty similar to what I needed for the Roadrunner Sr2 I have just completed, which is also MX5 based.

If you need any guidance on what to strip down etc let me know. If the donor is half decent you can easily make some money back on bits left over which is a major bonus.... :clapping: :db:

Hi Zach I live in Cheslyn Hay and have a Zero just finished and awaiting an IVA test date,if you want to come and have a look and a chat pm me and Ill give you a phone number.

Stewart

Thanks all for the inputs. Stewart, I have mailed you.

Terry, I will probably require a little bit of guideance, was thinking of stripping back most the body work to leave basically a rolling chassis to aid space-wise, then start removing the essential bits once I have made enough room (space is very limited!) What process/route did you take when stripping the MX-5?

I do plan to sell ideally everything I don't need, it was quite well looked after when I bought it and I have been driving it for the last 2 months to ensure everything is working well, which it is. Will be a shame to swap back to my boring Punto afterwards once the breaking begins!

From when people were ordering kits, where there any items which proved to be/would have been, extremely helpful during the build? I know the powder coating is pretty much a definite from everything I've seen, just wondering about anything else?

Cheers,

Zach