Ebay Oil Should I Trust

agent_zed

looking to buy some oil for my bmw which needs to be semi-synthetic. Do you trust the oil on ebay? there are some good prices but i dont' really want to buy some oil that might just be cheap oil with a fancy fake label.

thoughts?

Got some like this the other month and at this price is 1/2 the price of some others

BMW LL 04 Rated

100% feedback

He has sold Loads

Quick delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5w-30-GENUINE-GM-VAUXHALL-BMW-FULLY-SYN-ENGINE-MOTOR-OIL-5L-DEXOS-2-/160716274847?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item256b6fbc9f

Steve

S

My experience is: don't trust anything on ebay (unless you know 100% it is genuine). I blew a fuse on a lathe, so bought a cheap pack of 10 replacements on ebay. But every couple of weeks, I would blow another fuse. In frustration after using up all my fuses, went and bought 20 fuses from Maplin. Haven't blown a single fuse since! So either the Maplin fuse is over-rated, or the ebay fuses were under-rated. So the question is: how do you know the oil you are buying is exactly the grade you expect? As CMA says - you get what you pay for.

Guest mower man

Semi synth is not expensive ,check the advised ratings and buy to suit I used to buy fleet rated 15/40 semi at 85 p alitre but you have to buy 205 litres at a time poss abit to much for home use so use local factor and pay 12/13 quid for 5 litres but only use it once a year any way mower man :acute:

Got some like this the other month and at this price is 1/2 the price of some others

BMW LL 04 Rated

100% feedback

He has sold Loads

Quick delivery

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b6fbc9f

Steve

S

I bought some of that from him for my 120d on 18k ish service intervals to do a change myself at about 9k miles, its genuine (the hologram is spot on) and had no issues at all over 9k miles, delivered next day. Will use again as an interim oil change.