Nissan Turbo Upgrade

Guest zoomzoom

Guest zoomzoom

space for one more?

speedy_gonzales.jpg

I can see some logic to the adding extra holes (which is worrying when you mention Logic and Marcus in the same conversation!)

Less bits on car = less weight :db:

Less bits on car = less bits to fall off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll have you know that nothing has ever fallen off .........

Oh with friends like you lot who needs.............

Guest zoomzoom

We'll no be laughing when Marcus has to add more vents to keep those 300 jap scrap horses cool.........

Have you got an intercooler sourced yet?

I've got the original intercooler from the car but it is quite small so I might upgrade when funds allow.

Just for the record my bonnet has 2 holes in it, one for the exhaust and the other for the inlet trumpets. Simples.

My new bonnet might not have any holes in it at all, just an enormous bulge in it for all that turbo loveliness

Just had the chipped ecu arrive ( three cheers for eBay ) and a new set of injectors ( 440cc)

• 3 months later...
Guest zoomzoom

Test fitting on sunday, and it went quite well and i think I can fit the engine in without too much trouble, might need another hole in the top of the bonnet but dont want to spoil the look of the car too much :rofl:

I do like that turbo Richard but dont want to break Dans heart with more horse power!!

photo_zps4b6cf337.jpg?t=1375798625

Guest zoomzoom

Turbo away mate,all that power in unskilled hands isn't much use :air_kiss:

Ohh how very dare you !!!

Still i see what you mean as you demostrated at Blyton when you had the tango terror on track :rofl:

Guest zoomzoom

Looks like there's plenty of clearance with the bonnet on in that pic Marcus.

:drinks:

Yes its not too bad, I'll have to balance the height of the gearbox mounting to get it as straight/level as I can and the height of the engine at the front.

Looks like about 35mm off the sump to bring it level with the gearbox.

Just the engine mounts, exhaust, prop shaft, inlet manifold, wiring and intercooler to sort and I.m away 8)

• 4 months later...
Guest zoomzoom

Due to the lack of progress in the fitting of this engine I have decided to book a track day to encourage the lazy bears to get their paws out and get this finished

Blyton 6th April :db: :db:

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Marcus !!!

Mine hasn't moved since October due to weather and things. Your pic doesn't show with the exhaust manifold and turbo on.

The down pipe goes low !!!! you may need to think a bit about how get to exhaust pipes...

post-971-0-17074100-1388939057_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...