I Think We've Had An Attempted Robbery

richardm6994

Guest peter2b2002

i have 2 labs that bark any time of day if any one comes through the front or back doors ,posty, dustbin men , folk from next door even me some times

+ i always keep a shotgun handy as we get magpies in the side yard 1st thing in the morning

guns always in the safe just incase they get in before i can get one

peter2b

I think you've had an attempted burglary :(

This is a common MO, but no where near as common as car keys being 'fished' through the letter box to steal the car. It's amazing how many people leave their car keys on a table in the hall by the front door, or on a hook just inside.

Sadly, whilst the massive innovations and improvements in vehicle security have driven down the volume of vehicle thefts, burglary is on the increase, particularly where the sole object of the search is the car keys to the shiny beemer or audi on the drive... :ph34r:

Guest peter2b2002

wife has just found out some one tried to take £2100 of he tesco card they also took some more for a night at travel loidge, seems some one at a paper might have fished her card when she paid for an advert over the phone

peter2b

Guest mower man

i have 2 labs that bark any time of day if any one comes through the front or back doors ,posty, dustbin men , folk from next door even me some times

+ i always keep a shotgun handy as we get magpies in the side yard 1st thing in the morning

guns always in the safe just incase they get in before i can get one

peter2b

BE BLOODY CARE FULL !! putting that sort of info out could get you in deep caca with your local fire arms licensing dept resulting in revoking your shot gun cert [ presuming you are legal its even worse if you are not ] being the min result and prosecution being pos . This is not a get at ,as an ex shooter I know that they can be verysnotty over statements like that, I repeat this is not a get at I 'm just concerned that you could get into deep mire mick [ mower man]

I'm just glad most criminals are stupid, when someone attempted to break into my garage they spent so long trying to bend the door out the didnt realise they had broken the lock and turning the handle would have let them in.

I now have no handles or lock visable so they don't know where to attack.

As for the dog, i have heard of people putting poison through cat flaps to silence dogs before attempting a break in, so thankfully that didnt happen.

jamie, my local criminals seem to be a little more edumacated - they knew exactly where the strongest locking points of my back doors were, and tried to attack just there. So glad they did not get in.

A friend of mine heard noises one night and looking out the window saw 3 lads fetching bikes out of his garage they'd broke into. It's must of been a cold and frosty night, as after he'd snuck out the front door and grabbed one of them the little pond scum chav kept slipping over and banging his head on patio as he tried to flee after his 2 mates who had long gone.

Police arrived and handcuffed the lad in the car whilst taking statements from my mate and his neighbour.

Apparently the lad wouldn't say who his mates where but a new evidence gathering tactic came to light! After finishing taking my mates statement he mentioned the police car was unlocked and he'd be at least 5 mins taking the neighbours statement.....

2 more names soon became known....

Proper justice!! ;)

jamie, my local criminals seem to be a little more edumacated - they knew exactly where the strongest locking points of my back doors were, and tried to attack just there. So glad they did not get in.

I'm glad your back doors haven't been interfered with! :ph34r:

• Like 1