Mallory Park Faced With Closure.

richyb66

Apparently there is about 500 metres between track and town.

Here's a suggestion - Plant some large Trees between them. It would drastically cut direct sound down and help absorb some of the exhaust gases from the track.

- No, I'm not a "tree hugger" hippy - Far too young for that :)

Simon.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest David Thomas

Kirby mallory is not a cheap place to get a house

Am not saying it is but would no doubly be cheaper to buy because of the track than if the track was not there, obviously because the noise disturbance it means the house prices are lower.

• 3 months later...

All they seem to have done was to try and capitalise on the increased interest in track days and competition events (ggod business practice), but in excess of the number of days allowed in the 1985 agreement - an arrangement that doesn't seem to have been rigidly enforced by the council until now (and a few residents are complaining).

The administrator says he's working hard to ensure racing remains at Mallory in the future when if fact all he'll probably do is shag the arse out of the business 12 months, guarantee his own payment and then realise the council would rather the site was covered in more (rate paying) houses, the site owner will sell to a developer with outline permission from the council and the only loosers will be motorsport enthusiasts.

Hopefully in a years time I'll be proved wrong but I'm not holding out much hope.

But still, when all said and done Mallory knew the limit and have broken it. It's been in place since 1985 and so is nothing new. Their business plan should take this into account and should not have been based upon them breaking the rules.

At an absolute minimum, they should have applied for additional noisy days years ago when the rule wasn't rigidly imposed.

This is simply just bad business planning and now they are in the sh1t. Yes it's bad news to the Motorsport lovers...I don't live that far away and I personally love standing in the infield at the john cooper esses and watching cars come flying less than 20ft away from me.....but that doesn't stop me seeing exactly how this situation has happened and who is responsible.

They had plenty of warnings and just carried on regardless