Blyton Today

speedtripledan

Guest alfaGTA

It was a nice day out again, stealth pinto kept going strong all day and the cool weather kept the 888's from getting too hot! Thanks to mark and emma for the much needed refreshments ;) also to Dan and Marcus for the entertainment! Glad i broke mark's "i don't passenger well" stance with a few quick laps in the indy

Guest viiievo

Just poped on to say thanks for the company and assistance on Sunday.

Managed to get the Clio towed home by the AA after one of your very kind members towed me away from the track and into Blyton village.

Its had 2 years of very hard track use and finally blown the gearbox - suprised its lasted this long given how I drive it :-)

Anyhow, we may get to know a few of a bit better as Rob (with the stylus) has kindly envited us to your curry night on Saturday!

Wasn't sure if Clio/Atom owners would be welcome around here as they are not 'kit' - hope nobody minds :-/ however Ill probably get a kit for track when the Clio dies :-)

Many thanks again Andy

Managed to get the Clio towed home by the AA after one of your very kind members towed me away from the track and into Blyton village.

Its had 2 years of very hard track use and finally blown the gearbox - suprised its lasted this long given how I drive it :-)

Anyhow, we may get to know a few of a bit better as Rob (with the stylus) has kindly envited us to your curry night on Saturday!

Wasn't sure if Clio/Atom owners would be welcome around here as they are not 'kit' - hope nobody minds :-/ however Ill probably get a kit for track when the Clio dies :-)

Many thanks again Andy

you are more than welcome on here, atoms are just poor copys of mev's anyway 8P see you sat at chicken and chips house...

Guest Ian & Carole

Many thanks again Andy

Comming on here is about your frame of mind not the car you drive, but a genuine "Atom" jacket and a Clio really, hope to see the Atom next time.

Hope you get the box fixed soon and at a reasonable cost.

Guest MarkB

Andy, Anyones welcome on here, even Clio owners.... ;)

Mark B was your towing chauffeur for the day. Still trying to talk him into coming to the curry on Sat but he has work he's refusing to miss....no commitment... :)

Im on it Im on it, just need to sort kennels out for the boys.....

Guest Rallyreason

Good video footage

I would have posted earlier, but been away. It was good to talk to a few of you guys at the track. Really enjoyed the day once i got to grips with the car even though my engine got hurt in the last lap.

Guest MarkB

Good video footage

I would have posted earlier, but been away. It was good to talk to a few of you guys at the track. Really enjoyed the day once i got to grips with the car even though my engine got hurt in the last lap.

what happened to the engine?????

Guest Rallyreason

Temp went up on the last half dozen laps, took it a bit easier (at this time i was having so much fun at last) but on the last lap something gave up. Sounds like a big end knock?

I guess my ST170 engine up grade is happening sooner than i had originally planned. Just need to find a good one.

Also need to upgrade the rear drums to discs (drums was getting very hot and starting to grab)

Guest Ian & Carole

I did a track day at cadwell park on saturday and all i can say is OMG

What a fantastic circuit it is, full or half track, ???

In a previous life I did "clerk of the course" for car meetings several times in the 70's & 80's and always marshalled at "barn" if I couldn't get a drive.

Absolutely amazing place.

Guest zoomzoom

Rob all i can say is it was a warming up lap............

I found out why my car was so slow at blyton... only getting 80% throttle

I found the serial cable for the megasquirt after returning fron blyton and connected up to set up the cold start function and found the throttle outer cable had slipped and could only reach 80%. So reset it for cadwell park.

I have driven a few tracks in the uk many years ago but never been to cadwell before as the race series I was in diddnt go there, I think it was something todo with the width of the track or some such reason.

Blimey what a circuit, it seems like every corner is a blind corner, the surface is very bumpy in places and going up the mountian on cold wornout slicks is something I wont forget for a while.....

We must all meetup there for a track day soon, was well worth the 4 hour drive there and 4 hours back again