Rebuilding A Weber 32/36 Dgav Carb

Guest mr D

• 1 year later...
Guest peter2b2002

just had a look just as well as I have found a small pipe at the back under the choke, I wondered what it was now I know its the vacuum take off for the dizy, that might explain a few things

peter2b

• 5 years later...

Unfortunately the link no longer works, does anybody know a way to set-up a brand new 32/36 DGV carb, picked up a 2B today & it's running a bit rich 😂 so rich I'd be popular in MaccyD's carpark banging & popping like a good 'un.

.IMG_20200815_174546.thumb.jpg.0b180eb9087e2941452229d233d4411a.jpg

It's a manual choke, I'll check tomorrow but I do think it's coming off as if you pull full choke it won't start.

Edit:- Just to add on the invoice it says Weber 32/36 DGV 5A Carb Model 22680000500-6 if that helps

Edited by phaeton

Got the toffee hammer out this morning & gave the carb a few gentle taps around the float chamber, didn't really want to strip it down if I can get away with it, pulled the plugs out & found some of the sootiest plugs I have ever seen. Gave them a clean up & reset the carb back to 2 turns from the stop, after that it fired straight up, still a bit rich I think but the ignition timing is a bit off, I think I need a new rotor arm & cap. I put my timing light on at one point & it was missing sparks on No1 cylinder so hopefully get them tomorrow.

What is the standard timing on a 2.0L Pinto?

IMG_20200817_111229.jpg