Pvc Edging Strip For Grp Cycle Wings

Guest Martin.stgeorge

Guest Martin.stgeorge

i have cardon wrapped my cycle wings and wanted to add a pvc edging strip, the kind that has the metal reinforcement, does anyone know the size for this.

i think my cycle wings are about 3mm thick.

also for those that wanted some carbon wrap, i bought some of ebay this week, 5m x 1.5 for around £37 including delivery which was also was very quick and came from seller carbonv12-uk

here is a photostream of my car, i have cardon wraped the bonnet but will change this as i will cut out the vents rather then wrap over them, i think this will look better.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2JtdOXmG161Ty

Edited by Martin.stgeorge

Hi,

It looks really good, I may consider using some this myself after seeing your results. Do you think the wrap on the bonnet will stand up to the heat from the engine? Its certainly a lot cheaper than getting somebody to paint it for you. but I have to say its the sort of thing that my wife would be better at than me!

Kevin

Guest Martin.stgeorge

Hi,

It looks really good, I may consider using some this myself after seeing your results. Do you think the wrap on the bonnet will stand up to the heat from the engine? Its certainly a lot cheaper than getting somebody to paint it for you. but I have to say its the sort of thing that my wife would be better at than me!

Kevin

i have run the car up to temperature and stuck a small piece of the wrap in the place were the heat is. and it seems to be fine, i will re wrap the bonnet tomorrow over the stainless bits go for a drive and see what happens, i do believe that as this wrap is used on other cars which bonnets get really hot in the sun and because of the engine it should be ok. i will let you know on friday how it goes. Edited by Martin.stgeorge

Guest Martin.stgeorge

I know this is not about the grp wing trim but I have added more pictures of the carbon wrap bonnet(please see photo stream above) I have carefully cut out the grills on the bonnet and I do feel this looks much better. For anyone that wants to do it it is relatively simple. Just take your time.

All I need to do now is wrap the scuttle and nose cone, has anyone tried to wrap the nose cone and if so how did it turn out?

Also the rear arches also need wrapping and will probably have to do this in 3 pieces.