Hi-Spec Caliper Help

neil's

Hi,

I have just bought some hi-spec front calipers for my zero. Fitting seems stright forward however I am bu#@erd if I can figure out how to fit the retaining clips or where they go. Could somebody please point me in the right direction please.

I looked at this for 10 mins then gave up and had a beer. It probably is so obvious when you think about it.

Thanks for any replies.

Busby,

Thank for the reply and picture, unfortunately I was after the the hi-spec caliper spring/ clip fitting not the sierra one as per the picture.but thank for taking your time for having a look for the previous pic/post.

looking at online pics there are different types of fittings. some are bolt though. some are roll pin ,some are r clips.

need a pic of your caliper and the offending article.

Guest mower man

The pin have small holes in them ,into which small R clips fit these stop the pins floating out away its awhile since I took mine to bits but IRC pins only fit one way and rclips are between the inner pad backplate and the caliper housing HTH mower man

Thanks for all the replies.

The calipers i have are Hi-spec ultralights, the R clips are already in but its these little suckers that i am not sure where they go. any ideas. I think they hook up from under the roll pins and hook over the brake pad to stop vibration if that makes any sense. its taken me half the day to work out how to re size a picture so my apologies if its small

post-4657-0-12583000-1369683583_thumb.jpg

No. Tother way round. The long arms lie under the pins and on the pad material and the hook goes over the pad backing with its free end outwards.

The R clips do go between the pad backing and the calliper as you have put them.

Nigel

post-21-0-78251900-1369714805_thumb.jpg

Guest chris brown

Depends whose pads they supplied you with Mick some have pins and springs in with the pads others you need to order fitting kit extra.