West Mids Group

Guest bluelewis

Guest bluelewis

Well after about 6 months of doing nothing to the car as had a few family issues,i have decided to carry on but seem to have lost the confidence in doing it.I just cant figure out how to cover the sills area what to use and how to cover it,also my steering rack seems to catch on left lock think maybe I need a new rack.Just wondered if somebody would consider looking at it to give me an honest opinion.

Guest bluelewis
post-8778-0-92608200-1311630550_thumb.jpg is it ok to put a cover over here and still have fuel filler in same place the paperwork doesn't say I cant Edited by bryan lewis

would just carpeting this area be ok

Yes and no. Carpet will make it look nice and tidy but ideally you need to make up some sort of boot cover so the whole area is covered over. If the boot area is left open then it's tested for sharp edges the same as the interior of the car.

is it ok to put a cover over here and still have fuel filler in same place the paperwork doesn't say I cant

From the photo it loks like a fuel tank with the filler directly in the top of it. You could have a removeable cover over the top of the chassis area and access the filler through that but I think getting the pump nozzle down inside the body might be tricky and a removeable cover means faffing around when you fill up.

A better option might be to have the cover over the chassis and make an extended filler pipe that lifts the cap up to the level of the cover.

If you can possible get to the area meeting tomorrow night then it would be time well spent. The weather forecast is good (at the moment) so we should get a good turnout of cars which means you'll be able to get plenty of ideas and free advise.