How Do I Know If I Have Pre Or Post 87 Sierra Wiper And Light Control

Pete Mar

Gent's

I have to say this one has been driving me mad, I do not have a GBS loom and the guy that supplied it gave me the pinout for the switch. No life from the Dip or Main beam. Having now looked into some of the old topics on here it looks like ford switch the relay with a positive feed for 83 units and negative for 87 on. This is easy to fix which ever way it is but my problem is I'm not sure what age my switch set is as I picked them up second hand about 12 months ago, do any of you knowledgeable lot know how I can tell the differance.

Cheers

Pete

it dosent matter which switch you have, just treat it as live switch type, it will help with another problem you will need to overcome later with the fog light, but does cause a easily corrected problem if you are fitting washers later.

if it has two spades on top of the right switch you have one that WAS earth switched, you will need to provide a live to the left spade marked 31, when you switch on the headlights you will then get a feed through the brown/black wire that bridges between the right switch and the left.

the main dip switch will then direct to the main dip relays pin 85 or 86, earth should be on the opposite one eg feed from switch goes to 85 you should have an earth on 86, relay should operate.

Hi Nigel

No this is for any loom ACCEPT the plug and play loom

the later GBS just plugs together (plug & play), and uses mystical forces to work ;)

for anything else, 12 volt feed (ignition) to

15 is live for flash

31 is live for headlights

spur off brown/black wire from pin 55 (light switch) 56 (headlight switch) for fog

unfortunatly B1 washer feed also goes live which will make the washer pump run, but there is an easy fix.