Reluctant Sale Of Robin Hood S7 Built 1998

Guest Brynjon

Guest Brynjon

My multi coloured S7 Ford Sierra based and registered on an A plate as per the donor car. Sadly due to ongoing health problems I doubt I will get any more use out of 'The Beast' in the foreseeable years and I would rather it get used by someone that has the time and ability.

My daughter is taking photos which will be added soon. All original build documents will come with the car along with the various MoT certificates etc.

The guys in the North East club saw the vehicle briefly not long after I acquired her back in 2003 and had one other keeper after the builder who was from Mountsorrel in Leicester.

A 1.6 petrol engine which was originally fitted with a vv carb which had become inefficient and was replaced with a twin choke from a Granada at a later date. 4 Speed Sierra gearbox. Has thermostatic controlled fan. Original RH seats with brown vinyl, brown carpet with removable foot plates. Currently has a yellow vinyl trimmed dashboard which is a Fiesta dash I was told when I bought it. Original tonneau cover still with car. No roof. Roll bar painted a feint luminous red. Stainless steel bonnet and rear wheelarch trim, s/s exhaust cover. Steel wheels with good tyres inc spare. Rarely used and hence sale. Been garaged throughout ownership.

£3,500 or near offer.

Tel 07967 029084 for details.

The below is a quick view = as stated my daughter will be taking some more which will be added or sent via email to anyone interested.

Cheers - Bryn

417485_10151189900157028_1911886782_n.jpg

• 8 months later...
Guest Brynjon

Hi - sadly I've had to have another op and possible further ops in near future and though I am up and about, I will not be out and about in the beast.

The beast will come with a full years MOT if anyone is interested. Daughter never got round to posting the other photos so I will see about sorting that this week.

Priced now at offers around £2500 for quick sale. The car is in my garage in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear - Tel 07967 029084 if interested.

Cheers for now - Bryn

Guest Brynjon

Hi - should anyone want some photos of the S7, I will happily forward them on - just drop me an email to username at gmail dot com.

For info, I bought the S7 almost 11 years ago, She was built by a guy whose name escapes me in Mountsorrel. Her MOT ran out in July 2013 and from passing her test to now has travelled about 12 miles. I have been unable to take her to get her latest MOT but having done next to no miles since the last one ran out, I have no fears about her passing.

The bad bits - the fuel guage has never worked and I had used the suggestion, of the seller I bought it from, to top up every 100 miles served the miles I have travelled well.

The original carb was a VV which was unreliable and a friend of mine gave me a carb from a 2 litre granada and this was fitted and toyed with by an engine tuner. This meant blocking off some of the original hoses which were in the main filters into the original carb. The result will be seen in the photos. She runs well enough.

The car has good carpeting with removeable floor panels for easy cleaning. The boot has a small flap for access to what is marked as fuel guage.

There has been some interest but the car is in Sunderland which may put a few folk off. Have a look and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Cheers - Bryn

Guest Brynjon

Sold today. Sad to see her go, but she will be taken good care of I am sure.

Thanks for the interest. Take care and thank you all for the kind thoughts.

Best regards - Bryn