Iva Test Booked

Chrisruck

I now have an IVA test date after a 5 week wait since sending in my paperwork. My test is on Monday 2nd September at 8.30am Kidderminster. I've hired a trailer as I don't fancy driving a potentially unsafe car there and back. Anyone who fancies coming to check my attempt before the test it would be most appreciated.

I have a Zero so hopefully one of the 2B guys will respond soon. I have applied for IVA at Kidderminster 2 weeks ago please let me know how the day goes and feedback on the inspector that may help.

Hope all goes well.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had my test today. Kidderminster, Keith the tester - very nice chap and very good tester.

Failed on a few things

A few pipes needed a little more attention in brackets

Rear brake pipes needed better bracketing

Fuel tank needed its tensioners moving from rear to on top

Rear fog lamp needs to be 100mm from rear light cluster ( despite the pre marked rear wing from gbs!) watch out for this!

Top of seat belt brackets needs a cover

Couldn't do the emissions test as during the speedo test the car developed a major oil leak so need to replace crank rear seal

All other tests passed

4 hours in total, most of which spent waiting for the brake tester machine to be fixed

Very happy with that result All in all.

I did hear that Kidderminster would be closing soon in favour of an approved centre system similar to the HGV testing system. So we'd have to find "Approved Centres" nearby to try and get an appointment at!

So far I've removed the prop and slid gearbox back. Replaced the engine oil seal (Nightmare) and also gearbox oil seals while I was at it. Now got flywheel back on and trying to align the clutch before reassembling and testing. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

Need to make sure they are at least 100mm from brake lights but not less than 250mm from the road and are parallel to the road. If there are 2 fog lights they must be symmetrical I think. There is a thread about the wiring of them somewhere. In reality he just looked at them, checked they came on when they should and that was it. Mine was at the time too close to the brake light but easy to move and covered the old holes with a union jack sticker from Halfords.