Go Faster Stripes!

Guest Daniel N Sharman

Guest Daniel N Sharman

Hi all

I want to make the rear of my car look a bit less plain by doing 2 tropes down the back, I've bought all the kit to do it but not sure on width, spacing etc,

I'm calling for any pictures of members cars who have done this or any other 'rear styling ideas' would be great to get a feel for what others have done, (my car has no spare wheel so it's a blank canvas!

Thanks

Dan

Guest Daniel N Sharman

I'm not using vinyl or sticker stripes I'm going to mask and paint, so I'm really after some ideas for the width of the actual stripes too!, thanks for the advice will bear it in mind tomorrow when I have a go!

Hi Dan

Have stripes on mine which I added during the build. Photo's attached

I used 100mm wide tape in the middle and 2 narrow 12mm stripes. One on each side approx 6-8mm gap between them

HTH

post-2721-0-96453800-1381067049_thumb.jpg post-2721-0-27711000-1381067068_thumb.jpg

Guest Daniel N Sharman

Awesome, looks great, I did mine yesterday, ended up with two quite thick yellow stripes down the back just narrower than the number plate, wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me!,

Thanks for the pics!

Dan

Guest Daniel N Sharman

So, here is a picture of my effort!, couldn't stick to the 60% rule due to several bolts and holes being not in the centre of the car, but I think it's turned out ok?!

Thoughts...

Dan

post-12686-0-04680300-1381320365_thumb.jpg