I/d Or O/d Of Sliding Pillar Front Springs?

FERRINO

Morning all - I've done a search but can't find the exact answer it seems.

Does anybody know what the actual I/D or OD of the sliding pillar front springs are please? What I'm after knowing is are they a standard size ie 1.9" or 2.25" or are they a typical Robin Hood oddball size?

Obviously I can measure when I get to sorting out the front suspension, but would ideally like a new set of springs ready to all go back together at the same time.

Any help gratefully appreciated as always.

Cheers

Tony

The I/D is 1.9" on the sliding pillar suspension on a 2B as supplied in the first place by RHE.

I have modified mine to take 6" long springs with adjusters to get a better setup.

Regards

Martin

Superb! Many thanks Martin - much appreciated. :)

I don't suppose you have any pictures of how you made yours adjustable at all do you?

Cheers

Tony

To add:-

I replaced mine with 250lb 8 inch long springs, rather than the typically weak 80lb RH springs.

Sorted the suspension out an absolute treat

Si

Cheers Si - this was the route I was thinking of going so it's good to hear confirmation that the 250lb works. I was going to have a guess and flip a coin between the 200 and 250lb springs.

Been reading threads where people tried the 300lb springs that used to be the suggested solution and the front end became dangerously twitchy and bouncy etc.

Cheers

Tony

Guest evildave

I guess with the 250lb springs it'll prevent any banging and the bottom of the pillars 'bottoming out' so to speak?

May go this route myself before converting to independent front end.

I guess with the 250lb springs it'll prevent any banging and the bottom of the pillars 'bottoming out' so to speak?

May go this route myself before converting to independent front end.

Yeah exactly my thoughts - If £60 worth of new springs will make the sliding pillar 'liveable with' vs £1000 of wishbone conversion it's definitely worth a go.