2B Or Not 2B... Yep Its A Noobie Question!

Guest Wilso122

Guest Wilso122

HI There, So I was just about to buy a new to me motorbike when I thought, lets just take a quick squizz at caterhams and nightmarishly came across this.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-ROBIN-HOOD-KIT-CAR-SUPER-7-CATERHAM-WESTFIELD-/151177614286?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2332e353ce

Does anyone here know anything about it, have checked that the log book says Robin Hood and it does so all good there but even with the guide I have no idea which one it is.. looks good though!

Lastly I have a tiring blackbird, engine is fine but the rest is getting a bit shabby, has can I fit the engine in here?

So i need to get a deposit down sharpish your help much appreciated and a beer on me at a meet if it all comes off...

Many thanks Wilso!

Guest Wilso122

Thanks, no worries in the bike engine. Do you know what model it is, s7 or 2b?

Thinking about taking a punt and putting a deposit down unseen, at that price seems like a hell of a lot of car for not a lot of money....

its a 2b but cant tell if it is the wishbone model or sliding pillar, wishbone version is a much better car, sliding pillar is ok but a bit odd ball. There is / was a blackbird powered 2b on here somewhere, but having had a bike engined mev atomic they are a pain in the arse to drive on the rd, more at home on the track.

Guest Wilso122

thanks guys, have messaged craig. It is a bit of a punt but im up for a challenge as well, or is that glutten for punishment. I should go see it but there is also a good deal on the table. the bike being looked at was a total rebuild project. Just not sure I can do another bike, would be good to do something different...

That's a 2B with sliding pillar suspension and as it's painted it is probably mild steel panels and chassis rather than stainless steel.

Andy Parry is the guy with a blackbird motor in a 2B, so if you're thinking of going that route it might be worthwhile getting in touch with him.

Guest Wilso122

As low as that! I was no where near his asking on the deal but certainly not 3k or lower.

So I get what a wishbone setup is but what makes the sliding pillar handing so bad or odd ball? massive understeer or a bouncy front end?