Best Car For Towing

deano266

Now that I have taken my rose tinted specs off (V8 grand cherokee) I remembered that I had gone to cornwall and back from cambridgeshire in one day (650 odd miles) in my wifes daily driver with a heavy flatbed trailer to pick up a sylva leader kit car with no issues at all. It is a Honda CRV diesel, does about 40mpg in normal use and has a massive boot. With a lighter weight trailer it would be just the job. I told her I was just nipping to Tesco's.

Guest 2bsprint

Regularly tow my triumphs around with the freelander td4, even with a dolomite (curb weight of upto 1100 kg) on the trailer drives like it isn't trying, even up some and down the hills round Matlock, and when not towing get over 40mph. The down side is the rear door can be delicate

if you want reliability try looking at a Kia Sportage, 2 or 4 wheel drive, 7 year warranty, you can drive on any licence if the total trail weight (car plus loaded trailer) is below 3500kg, if above then you need a B+E licence, all of us oldies already have that on our licence, unlikely you will ever exceed that limit with a kit car on a trailer.