Wishbones Rose Joints

Guest Boost

I'm thinking of chopping the sliding pillars off and replacing with wishbones. Been reading on here and it seems there is a kit available or DIY. I plan on the DIY route but am thinking of using rose joints where the wishbones link to the chassis. Has anyone done this if so what died those joints - I was thinking of 12 mm. Any advice?

Does anyone have any pics of 'kit', I'd just like to see how the brackets mount to the chassis, all I've managed to see is like box section welded across the front with bits removed at the end to let the wishbone articulate.

Guest mower man

Rose joint may be a bit crashie for road use and also bit hard on mounts but there are a lot of cars about with r/jointed susp on the road probably no harder than poly bushes ,my ops only others may not agree mowerman :search: :crazy:

from my limited knowledge from what i've read about rose joints, they are more difficult to keep clean as the bearing surface is open. So road dust and dirt can work its way in, which is why i guess we use balljoints with sealed boots. I think you can buy boots to go over rose joints though.

Might be wrong but pretty sure its the case.

hth

Thanks, Pics would be great, just tried to send you a PM but unable to - apparently you are not receiving any new messages??

Ay other way I can get my email to you? I don't mind putting it here, if that's allowed.

Cheers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Boost